Photos from events
St Barts History
Authors -Janet Uren and Dr. Glenn Lockwood.
Tony and Joan Kellett who graciously funded the book project.
Church of St. Bartholomew
Celebrating 150 Years
2017 marked the 150th Anniversary of our parish. It was on August 24, 1867 that St Bartholomew’s became a legal entity. On that day, St Bartholomew’s Day, our forebears undertook to build a new church.
Services and Events held in 2017
- December 31 - Gala Concert and Dinner in Celebration of St Bart’s 150th
- January 8 - Service of Celebration with Bishop John Chapman.
- May 7 - The New St Bartholomew's Day - The cornerstone of the church was laid in 1868 on this day.
- May 7 - Reception and launch of our Anniversary Legacy Project, a major annotated History of St Bart’s by Dr. Glen Lockwood, and Faithful, a pictorial history of church and community life by Janet Uren.
- June 3 - St Bart’s was made an official stop on the City of Ottawa’s Doors Open
- September 17 - Homecoming Sunday
- October 9 - Thanksgiving Services
- October 15 - We welcomed the Primate of the Anglican Church of Canada and Celebrated the 10th Anniversary of Rev. Canon Laurette Glasgow’s Ordination
- November 4 - Seasons at St Bart’s CD release - Anniversary Legacy Project.
- November 5 - Remembrance Sunday with guests including The Governor General’s Foot Guards and Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry
- December 17 - We celebrated the 35th Anniversary of Fr. David’s Ordination.
- December 31 - New Year’s Eve Celebration and the Grand Finale of St Bart’s 150th Anniversary Year!
A variety of 150th Anniversary souvenirs including picture frames, mugs, canvas bags, coasters, pens and cards, are available for purchase at the office during the week and after services.