Photos from events
St Barts History
Authors -Janet Uren and Dr. Glenn Lockwood.
Tony and Joan Kellett who graciously funded the book project.
Church of St. Bartholomew
Celebrating 150 Years
2017 marks the 150th Anniversary of our parish. It was on August 24, 1867 that St Bartholomew’s became a legal entity. On that day, St Bartholomew’s Day, our forebears undertook to build a new church.
Special Services and Events in our 150 Anniversary Year
- December 31 - Gala Concert and Dinner - Our exciting anniversary begins!
- January 8 - Service of Celebration with Bishop John Chapman.
- May 7 - The New St Bartholomew's Day - The cornerstone of the church was laid in 1868 on this day. Reception and launch of our Anniversary Legacy Project, a major annotated History of St Bart’s by Dr. Glen Lockwood, and Faithful, a pictorial history of church and community life by Janet Uren.
- June 3 - City of Ottawa’s Doors Open. St Bart’s is an official stop on the city tour of prominent and historic buildings.
- September 17 - Homecoming Sunday
- October 9 - Thanksgiving Services
- October 15 – Sunday services welcoming the Primate of the Anglican Church of Canada and celebration of the 10th Anniversary of Rev. Laurette Glasgow’s Ordination
- November 4 - Annual Bazaar
- November 4 - Seasons at St Bart’s CD release – Anniversary Legacy Project
Organist and Choir Director, Timothy Piper, the parish choir, and friends, perform music of the last 150 years.
- November 5 - Remembrance Sunday
- December 10 - Advent Carol Service 4:30 p.m.
- December 17 - Sunday Services and parish Nativity Pageant at 10:30 a.m. Celebration of the 35th Anniversary of Fr. David’s Ordination.
- December 24 – Christmas Eve Services at 4:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- December 25 - Christmas Day Service at 10:30 a.m.
- December 31 - New Year’s Eve Celebration and the Grand Finale of St Bart’s 150th Anniversary Year!
A variety of 150th Anniversary souvenirs including picture frames, mugs, canvas bags, coasters, pens and cards, are available for purchase at the office during the week and after services.