About the Church of St. Bartholomew
St. Bartholomew's Anglican Church is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The parish was founded in 1866 and the building completed in 1868. Its architect is uncertain but believed to have been Thomas Seaton Scott who designed a number of other prominent Ottawa structures. The church is located at 125 MacKay Street in the New Edinburgh neighbourhood across the street from Rideau Hall, the official residence of the Governor General of Canada. A
vice-regal pew is reserved for the Governor General at the front of the church.
St. Bartholomew’s is also the regimental chapel of the Governor General's Foot Guards, and as such has become known as the “Guard’s Chapel.”
For further information see: The History of St Barts