St Bartholomew’s Church is located in the lovely Village of New Edinburgh and is situated across the street from Rideau Hall, the official residence of Canada’s Governors General. The light and airy Parish Hall has access to the church gardens, and the grounds of Rideau Hall provide wedding photographers exceptional backdrops of manicured grounds and large mature trees. The Parish Hall provides an affordable, unique and customizable space for your special day.
As well as wedding receptions, our hall has been used by motion picture companies, for polling stations, conferences, community association meetings, and many other events.
Capacity: 200 app.
Area: 1600 sq ft app.
Dimensions: 40 x 40
Ceiling Height: 14’
Capacity: 200 *
*Actual capacity will vary depending on the event and configuration There are numerous set-up options for the Parish Hall. We are happy to work with each client to ensure the hall meets their needs.
Olive Branch Room
Area: 80 sq. ft
Dimensions: 8 x 10
Ceiling Height: 14 ft
Area: 200 sq. ft
Dimensions: 15 x 10
Ceiling Height: 14 ft
The hall has a fully equiped kitchen for catering use.
Booking & Payment
Full payment is due upon signing. Payment can be made by cheque payable to St. Bartholomew’s.
Available in meeting rental fee.
- Metal/upholstered chairs (90)
- Metal chairs (20)
- Board table for 18-20 persons
- 6' rectangular tables (36)
- Coatracks (2) and wooden hangers
- Wifi access
- Access to kitchen. Groups are requested to bring any items needed for catering or to contact outside caterers. A list of caterers familiar with St Bart’s is available. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photocopies: 20 cents per white and black copy; 30 cents per colour copy
- Yamaha upright piano in the parish hall: $150.00 A damage deposit is required.
For weddings, cocktail receptions etc:
- Please contact a rental company to provide appropriate tables, chairs, cutlery, linens etc.
- Party rental companies must contact the church at least 3 weeks in advance to arrange delivery and pick-up.
Proof of insurance is required for all events. This may be available through your insurer or may be purchased from the Diocese of Ottawa insurers.
Contact PBL Insurance Ltd. at 613-746-4383. Proof of insurance must be provided to The Church of St Bartholomew upon signing.
Alcohol & Special Occasion Permit
St Bartholomew’s is not a licensed venue. A Special Occasion Permits (SOP) must be purchased through the LCBO. Please allow sufficient time for processing. Once you have obtained the SOP you may then purchase the alcohol to be served at your event. Your caterer can also assist with the acquisition of the SOP; the caterer may also purchase alcohol on your behalf.
The original SOP as well as all receipts for the alcohol must be posted onsite on the date of your event.